At the beginning of 2013, Foster Corp’s accounting records had following general ledger accounts and balances.
Foster Corp. completed the following transactions during 2013:
1. Purchased land for $20,000 cash.
2. Acquired $10,000 cash from the issue of common stock.
3. Received $90,000 cash for providing services to costomers.
4. Paid cash operating expense of $65,000.
5. Borrowed $20,000 cash from bank.
6. Paid a $5000 cash dividend to the stockholders.
7. Determined that the market value of the land purchased in event 1 is $30000.
a. Record the transactions in the appropriate general ledger accounts. Record the amounts of revenue, expense and dividends in the Retained Earnings column. Provide the appropriate titles for these accounts in the last column of the table.
b. As of December 31,2013, determine the total amount of assets,liabilities, and stockholders’s equity and present this information in the form of an accounting equation.
c. What is the amount of total assets, liabilities, and stockholders’ equity as of January 1,2014?