Compare your previous team experiences with the different stages of team development. What happened for the team at each stage? Did your team get stuck at one particular stage, say, the storming stage? What happened, and what insights does it provide? Describe how your team worked toward becoming a high performance team with these special performance advantages:
- The right mix of skills, including technical skills, problem-solving, decision making skills, and interpersonal skills
- Strong core values that help guide their attitudes and behaviors in directions consistent with the teamâ€™s purpose
- Ability to turn a general sense of purpose into specific performance objectives.
- Standards for measuring results and obtaining performance feedback
- Willingness to help team members understand the need for collective vs. individual efforts.