1. Question : A(n) ________ appeal elaborates on a non-product-related benefit or image when advertising a product or service.
Student Answer: informational
2. Question : The macromodel of effective communications contains nine elements. Two elements represent the major parties in a communication. These two parties are called ________ and ________.
Student Answer: sender; subject
3. Question : In which step is the salesperson “telling the story” of his product or service?
Student Answer: Preapproach
4. Question : The ________ method of measuring event effectiveness identifies the effect sponsorship had on consumers’ brand knowledge.
Student Answer: incremental
5. Question : An effectively trained company sales force can make four important contributions: enthusiasm building, missionary selling, key account management, and ________.
Student Answer: customer contacts
direct sales contacts
increased stock position
6. Question : The underlying customer strategy for the sales force of a business in the growth phase of the business life cycle is to ________.
Student Answer: create awareness and generate quick product uptake
penetrate deeper into existing segments and develop new ones
focus on efficiently serving and retaining existing customers
protect critical customer relationships
7. Question : In choosing the proper media to carry the message, advertisers must decide on ________.
Student Answer: strategy, users, and media
target markets, users, and heavy users
markets, target markets, and consumers
reach, impact, and television stations
reach, frequency, and impact
8. Question : Merchandise offered at a relatively low cost or free as an incentive to purchase a particular product is known as ________.
Student Answer: a price pack
9. Question : When two or more brands or companies team up on coupons, refunds, and contests to increase pulling power, it is called ________.
Student Answer: price packs
10. Question : Once the target market is defined, the marketer needs to obtain specific names, which can be obtained by purchasing a list of names. The better lists include overlays of ________ and ________ information.
Student Answer: financial; buying groups
11. Question : One of the advantages of direct mail is audience selectivity. One of its limitations is ________.
Student Answer: its short life
poor reproduction quality
long ad purchase lead time
relatively high cost
12. Question : Marketing managers must prepare implementation and control plans that cover the various elements of the sales promotion program. ________ is the time necessary to prepare the program prior to launching it.
Student Answer: Sell-in time
13. Question : When a relationship management program is properly implemented, the organization will begin to focus as much on managing its customers as on managing its ________.
Student Answer: finances
14. Question : ________ is the specialized knowledge that the communicator possesses to back the advertising claim.
Student Answer: Likeability
15. Question : One of the advantages of television is that it combines sight, sound, and motion, appealing to the senses, high attention, and high reach. One of the disadvantages of television is its ________.
Student Answer: use of the “remote control” to zap through commercials
16. Question : Today’s customers expect a salesperson have deep product knowledge, to be efficient and reliable, and to add ideas to improve the customer’s operations. These demands are forcing companies to make higher investments in ________.
Student Answer: sales training
17. Question : Call centers that initiate calls to prospects and customers are called _________.
Student Answer: teleprospecting
18. Question : Communication researchers see society as consisting of ________, small groups whose members interact frequently and whose closeness facilitates effective communication but also insulates them from new ideas.
Student Answer: social networks
19. Question : Direct-mail prospects can be identified on the basis of such variables as age, sex, income, education and ________.
Student Answer: banking practices
previous mail-order purchases
response to mail-order catalogs
20. Question : Salespeople need to know how to recognize closing signs from the buyer, including physical actions, statements or comments, and ________.
Student Answer: products
There are no reviews yet.