1. You are analyzing the net present value of a project over a 16 year period. Based on the rates in the textbook, what is the actual discount rate you would use given that your analysis must consider the effects of inflation/deflation?
2. What is the present value of $25,000 that you will receive at the end of two years?
3. What is the present value of $2,000 a month over the next 3 years?
4. Cash Flow Scenario: Lease. Annual payments of $50,000 paid at the beginning of each of the next five years (total of $250,000). What is the NPV of all lease payments?
5. What is the net present value of a lease that requires you to pay $10,000 at the beginning of each year for the next five years and includes a provision for a rebate of $5,000 at eh end of Year 5?
6. What is the net present value of an item that has a purchase price of $20,000, requires $1,000 maintenance at the end of each year except year 4, and is expected to have a salvage valueof $1,000 at the end of the 5 year useful life?