module 1 case
This first case is about reading, researching, and familiarizing yourself with the purpose and importance of management accounting in todayâ€™s organization. Managerial accounting is both about understanding concepts and ability to read and analyze financial information for internal use. Accordingly, this course is a mixture of reading, research, computations, and analysis.
Reading the background material for a basic understanding and then doing additional research to elaborate on the ideas is the approach for this first case. Discuss and analyze the difference between managerial and financial accounting. Pay particular attention to:
- How is managerial accounting different from financial accounting?
- Comment on the different needs and use of financial information for internal purposes.
- The managerial accounting profession and its role in todayâ€™s business environment. How has it changed over time?
- Comment on the Certified Management Accountant (CMA) designation.
Modular Case Expectations
It is important to answer the questions above. The discussion should be three to five pages and written in a clear and concise manner. Support your discussion with references in APA format. You are encouraged to use Excel or other compatible spreadsheet when computations are involved.
module 1 SLP
You need only one organization. You may choose an organization among three categories below.
The business for which you work.
A business organization for which a close friend or relative works and to which you have access.
Any not-for-profit oriented organization which has financial information available.
Select your organization. Next, based on accounting knowledge of case assignment, answer questions below.
- Write a short description of that organization and your relationship to it.
- In your organization, how managerial accounting is working for planning and controlling.
- Indicate any specific roles of managerial accounting compared with other organization.
Modular SLP Expectations
It is important to answer the questions above. The discussion should be two to four pages and written in a clear and concise manner. Support your discussion with references in APA format. You are encouraged to use Excel or other compatible spreadsheet when computations are involved.